One Acre Farm's procedure for CSA pick-ups
Updated: Mar 30, 2020
Since the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving, so will our methods and procedures for our CSA pick-up. You will receive more concrete details about the pick-up closer to the CSA start-date.
We have changed our procedure to accommodate recommendations made by the Dept. of Health and Dept. of Agriculture.
Here are some things we will be implementing:
1. We will continue to clean our produce with a sanitized water bath.
2. We will continue to clean, scrub, and sanitize our produce bins.
3. We will pre-pack all shares.
4. We are considering home delivery for some of our CSA pick-up locations where social distancing may be harder to manage.
5. To reduce contamination, only OAF employees will handle produce at our CSA pick-ups. Customers will be asked to stay outside the barn/garage as employee gets pre-packed box.
6. Employees will maintain high standards of hygiene and sanitation, with regular hand-washing.
7. Employees are encouraged to stay home, if sick.
Stay tuned. Be safe and healthy. We're in this together.